A Boko Haram attack on Kuburvwa
village of Borno State has left at least
11 people dead.
Residents of the agrarian community said they buried 11 corpses on Monday after the Sunday evening attack.
Several women and girls living in the community, close to Chibok were over 200 girls were kidnapped in 2014, are also yet to be accounted for.
A local security operative, who
craved anonymity for safety reasons, said that
“many women, mostly married, were raped while others were taken away by the gunmen”.
The spokesperson of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Abbas Gava,
confirmed the attack to journalists in
“The attack took place in Kuburvwa
village which is located between
Chibok and Damboa towns.
According to reports we received
from our operatives in that area, the
Boko Haram gunmen invaded the village at night on Sunday and
began to shoot.
“Many women, including house
wives, were raped by the gunmen
who also killed at least 11 persons.
“According to our men, who called
us from Chibok, many people that
fled the village into the bushes have
not returned to the community as at
Mr. Gava said his group, which works closely with the Nigerian
military does not have “the exact
number of women that were
reportedly abducted by the
Nigerian security agencies are yet to
respond to this latest attack by the
terror group whom the government
had claimed had been defeated. The group’s activities have caused
the death of over 20,000 people
since the insurgency began in 2009.
The activities have been largely
curtailed in the past year and most of the territory they controlled have been reclaimed by the Nigerian